Activated charcoal has become a popular ingredient in the herbal beauty industry. Retailers are increasingly incorporating it in products like, cleansers, masks, scrubs, etc. for its detoxifying qualities. Since it can draw bacteria and impurities from the skin, activated charcoal has also become a popular ingredient for products that are essentially made for women with oily/combination skin. Hence, whether you’re looking to improve your complexion or fight acne, let’s read on the blog below to find out, how organic charcoal mask may benefit your skin.
Remove impurities from the skin
Organic activated charcoal has the ability to absorb bacteria and toxins from the skin .Anecdotal evidence also claims that using the activated charcoal mask helps to remove the trapped dirt and bacteria from the skin, which can lead to a healthier, clearer complexion.
Acne is caused by a buildup of dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria that gets trapped inside the pores in your skin. Acne-causing bacteria can trigger pimples and other inflammatory lesions, resulting in irritation, redness, and swelling. The antibacterial properties of activated charcoal, however, may help lift bacteria from the pores. This may help with reducing acne and improving overall skin complexion.
Removes the excess oil from the skin
Another superpower that activated charcoal possess is that it has the ability to remove the excess oil and sebum from the skin. However, it does the removal gently without making the skin dry and patchy. It also helps to maintain the pH balance as well.
How to apply a charcoal mask?
• Cleanse your skin with lukewarm water before applying the mask. The lukewarm heat helps to open up the pores so that the mask can penetrate deeply into the skin.
• Apply the mask evenly over your face, including your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Gently massage the mask into your skin using your fingertips.
• Let the mask dry on your skin for 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water with the help of a washcloth.
• Gently dry your face and apply a toner.
• Let it dry for a few seconds then apply a non-oily and hydrating moisturizer for better results.
You can purchase the best variant of herbal charcoal mask online by visiting the virtual store of one of the popular herbal beauty giants in Bangladesh. Apart from that you can find a wide array of other natural beauty products that are especially curated for women who have an oily/greasy acne prone skin.